Friday, August 14, 2015

Cosplay, the Tokyo in Tulsa Adventure: My Story

Well, let’s just say, Tokyo in Tulsa is my second favorite time of year, only beat by Christmas (no, it has nothing to do with any possible presents I may receive.) It’s a time of cosplay, (for those who don’t know, you dress up in costume as your favorite character from movies, games, anime, comics, you name it, someone has probably cosplayed as it.) friends, fan-girling and DRAMA. Not just any drama, cosplay drama, personal drama, and just plain petty drama. (Or is all drama kind of petty?)
The weekend started off pretty fun, Friday, July 17th, one day before my birthday, we get to Tokyo in Tulsa and we hurry up, then get to wait in line for 2+ hours. Made a few friends, though it was short lived. That day I was cosplaying as my own character in a game I have yet to play, it was fun because there was nothing that dictated what I had to look like. So therefore I got to be creative. After we all got our passes, I immediately went to the Vendor Hall to look around and see what all I could get. The first day I didn’t really get much of anything, since I did spend most of it running around just looking at all of the other cosplays, and getting all sorts of pictures (I will make a post consisting of said pictures, for those who are interested.)
Saturday comes along, and BAM! Here comes all the drama, its the big day! The day I can show off the cosplay my mom and I, and her ex boyfriend, and my best friend, and my aunt all worked on for who knows how long. The cosplay that was the product of all of our blood, sweat and tears (no really, literal blood, sweat and tears… lots of sweat and lots of tears.) I was Annie from League of Legends, and my moms now Ex boyfriend was supposed to be a giant bear named Tibbers.
We make it to the pre judging, and that is when the problems began. The guy that was supposed to be in this big cosplay was getting cold feet, scared he might lose his balance. The rest of the day, I was running around looking at everything with my best friend.
By the time the cosplay contest came around, I wasn’t having the best day I could have, I was worried that the cosplay contest might  be a complete disaster. We are getting all lined up back stage and we begin putting the costume on the guy that was supposed to be Tibbers, and he starts freaking out and backs down, despite the fact that we had gone over this over and over. So last minute, only 30 minutes or so until we get to go on stage, we have to change the cosplay to fit my best friend, who is six (6) inches shorter than the original. On top of that, the cosplay was falling apart, and quite frankly it wasn’t going well at all.
We manage to get the bear put together on my best friend and then it was our turn, I skipped out on stage, with Tibbers close (ish) behind. We had the LOUDEST reaction out of any of the cosplays that was in the contest. In the end though, we didn’t win, we didn’t even get mentioned. However, it was still a ton of fun!

Just a little update on me! Your loyal blogger!
Signed,

Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment